Monday, 21 May 2007

Lord, I Feel You Near Me

It's time for another song. I often sing this song when times get tough for me. And once again, I can't find the lyrics online, so I had to type them in myself.

Sometimes the load is heavy
And sometimes the road is long
And sometimes, Lord, this heart of mine
Is not so very strong
But thy will be done, Lord
Thy will be done

Father, I do not ask you
To take this cup from me
I only ask your guidance
Down paths I cannot see
And thy will be done, Lord
Thy will be done

Our Father who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy Kingdom come
Thy will be done
On Earth as it is
As it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our debts
As we forgive our debtors
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
For thine is the Kingdom
And the power and the glory forever
Amen

Now Lord, I feel you near me
I feel your guiding power
And now you're standing by me
Through every passing hour
And thy will be done, Lord
Thy will be done

6 comments:

Esmerelda said...

I have been singing this song all day. Like some buried memory from 20 years ago. thanks for putting all the lyrics in one place. Now, if I could only remember where I learned it!!

swansoncarrie said...

Would you happen to know where I could find the sheet music to this song. I sang it in my high school choir and my grandmother would like me to sing it at her funeral. Thanks for the post. I was looking for the song and happened to stumble upon it. Thanks

Mouse said...

I found this music...
It was written by Joyce Eilers and is available in SAB from Lorenz Publishing co.

You can also find it in SATB. Still in print.

Lovely song. I've used it for weddings too.

Good luck to you all. M. Petry

LaU said...

And here's an MP3: http://www.firstchurchwashington.com/media/chancel_audio/easter_2005_04_thy_will_be_done.mp3

LaU said...

And here's an MP3: http://www.firstchurchwashington.com/media/chancel_audio/easter_2005_04_thy_will_be_done.mp3

Karaokeqween said...

My choir sang this song in 8th grade... I'm 37 now... the choir teacher " Mrs. Howland " claimed it was written for her when her son died..